Welcome to The Owl Tree
Early Childhood Program!
Here at The Owl Tree, children enter into a safe and nurturing family home environment, that facilitates an engaging, small group program. Through a child-centred, fun and play-based program, children have opportunities to explore, discover and interact with the world and people around them.
Program curriculum and activities are developed with the differing abilities, interests and ages of the children in mind. Emergent curriculum takes into account the whole child including social/emotional development, communication and pre-literacy skills, creative expression, logical thinking and problem solving, as well as physical development in both fine and gross motor skills.
A community-based program fosters friendship and connection with not only the participating children but their whole family as well.
I began my professional career as an Early Childhood Educator at the Nova Scotia College of Early Childhood Education. During my time there, I became passionate about child development and increased my knowledge and experience through classroom lectures and practicum placements.
I received employment immediately upon graduation at a growing child care centre where I remained for three and a half years before my maternity leave began. I learned and grew so much as an individual and as an educator during my experience in working with a wide variety of age groups, developmental levels and abilities.
I decided to stay home with my daughter full time after my maternity leave was over. I have had so much fun as a first time mom, watching my daughter grow and explore the world around her with increased confidence and ability. Now that she is at an active and social stage of toddlerhood, I feel like it is a great opportunity to begin a new chapter as a mother and a professional.
My family and I would love to have you join us on this adventure!
– The Owl Tree welcomes children from ages 2 (by December 31st) to 4 years old.
– The program runs from September to June.
– We are open on the following days:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
from 8:45 am – 11:45 am.
– Closed on Wednesday (I encourage families to attend the Growing Together playgroup on Wednesdays at New Life Community Church on Prospect Road. 9:30am-11:30am)
– A daily fee of $20 will cover all program materials and supplies as well as a daily nutritional snack.
– 2 days a week: Tues/Thurs
– 3 days a week: Mon/Fri with additional day of Tuesday or Thursday
– 4 days a week: Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri
– Priority will go to those who register for a minimum of twice a week, however, depending on space availability, once a week enrollment may be possible.
– The Owl Tree program routine is consistent yet flexible with the children’s needs and happenings of the day. The morning consists of free choice activities, clean-up, snack time, circle and group activities as well as gross motor and outdoor play. Areas of the playroom consist of a variety of exploration opportunities including a book nook, creative corner, table top and manipulative area, sensory play, construction materials & vehicles, as well as dramatic play props.
My goal and vision for The Owl Tree program is to create a safe and nurturing environment where children have the freedom and confidence to explore, discover and interact with the materials and people involved.
I desire for all children, regardless of age, race or economic status to feel valued and loved as unique and creative individuals.
I believe children are capable human beings at the earliest of age, and are constantly observing and learning about the world around them.
I believe children can flourish and grow when guided and encouraged with positive social interactions and experiences.
I believe that building a community based program can enhance the lives of all children and families involved.